The Signorelli Company is a vertically integrated, diversified development company based in The Woodlands, TX. The company has a track record of over 25-years in all aspects of real estate development including retail, mixed-use, multi-family, office, medical, land development and single-family homes. The Signorelli Company is one of the largest privately held development companies in the State of Texas, and recently won the Developer of the Year awarded by The Greater Houston Builder Association.
As a Financial Analyst, you will report to a Manager and support the efficient underwriting of new development and financing opportunities. Responsibilities will include collaboration with a variety of business segments and direct communication with division leaders. Successful analysis will lead to effective decision-making and proper deployment of personnel and financial resources to acquire and develop large-scale projects for vertical and horizontal development that will significantly add to the bottom line for the company.
The Analyst position is an opportunity to gain experience in an entrepreneurial environment across several asset classes while helping the Signorelli Company to appropriately and efficiently deploy personnel and financial resources in the development process.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct complex and detailed financial modeling and data analysis (utilizing Microsoft Excel) of vertically integrated large-scale development opportunities across several asset classes
- Produce periodic presentations and reports for project stakeholders (i.e. lenders, investors, management, etc)
- Model fund waterfalls and promote economics for real estate transactions
- Develop and maintain appropriate business and financial models to synthesize insights
- Assist in the underwriting of funds and equity partners
- Support existing acquisitions and strategic initiatives through ongoing analysis and project management
- Gather industry data and competitive information from external and internal business units
- Support with public financing vehicles such as Opportunity Zones Funds, Management Districts, Municipal Utility Districts, TIRZ and sales tax agreements
- Work effectively with professionals and information sources to obtain and consolidate information, develop conclusions, communicate key analytics to team members
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- One or more years of experience in general financial accounting, reporting or analysis, commercial real estate development experience and/or development underwriting experience
- Preferably candidates will have a background in real estate, private equity or banking
- Very strong financial and statistical background, excellent understanding of return metrics, adept in quantitative reasoning, with expert ability to create financial models utilizing MACROS and other advanced Excel functions
- Ability to build positive working relationships with team members and consultants
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Detail-oriented with strong administrative and analytical skills
- Personality Attributes: self-starter, inquisitive and intellectually curious, effectively work with minimal supervision, detailed problem solver/critical thinker, pro-active and resourceful, exceptional communication skills, organized, high energy level
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and exposure to Argus
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with a focus in Finance, Accounting, or Economics