Land Development Associate
View More Opportunities
This position is primarily responsible for providing office and field support to the Land Development Manager on multiple single-family residential projects and master planned communities. In addition to assisting the Land Development Manager in delivering lots on schedule and within budget, the Land Development Associate will provide analytical and due diligence support to the Land Development Division while ensuring the integrity and accuracy of financial and market data used to make critical decisions. The core responsibilities will include financial modeling and analysis, performing financial, operational, and legal due diligence, producing reports, assisting with invoice processing, budgeting, cash flows, and coordination of various other development and management tasks to support the Division. This position will formally report to the Senior Vice President of Land Development, but will work day-to-day with reporting responsibilities to the Land Development Manager.
- Financial forecast and modeling. Will require development of an advanced excel skill set to achieve accuracy and efficiency in creating and maintaining pro formas, budgets, and cash flows.
- Conduct and organize financial, economic, demographic, and market research for the assessment of current and prospective development opportunities.
- Support the Division with due diligence collection of materials, tracking critical dates, and analysis.
- Assist the Land Development Manager with processing invoices, monitoring budget to actuals, tracking all MUD reimbursables, and compiling all documentation for bond sales.
- Prepare summaries and track critical date requirements for all land contracts, builder contracts, and substantial completion of development items.
- Serve as primary point of contact in coordinating the design and construction of all electricity, natural gas, telephone, cable, landscaping and hardscaping for multiple communities within budget and on time.
- Review and manage all builder architectural review requests, coordinate the formation and implementation of HOA’s, including community builder guidelines, and serve as member on multiple HOAs.
- Attend industry networking events as well as meetings with brokers, consultants, builders, and contractors.
- Other research and analytical duties as necessary to support acquisition, development, and sales.
- Minimum undergraduate or graduate degree in real estate, finance, business or similar degree required.
- Minimum of two to five years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Ability to perform a variety of responsibilities with an attention to detail, strong work ethic and commitment to excellence. Must take initiative, be resourceful, prioritize and perform within a team environment while maintaining focus and multitasking in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong desire to learn residential land development with a high level of intellectual curiosity.