Land Development Manager
View More Opportunities
This position is primarily responsible for the acquisition, design, construction, and delivery of single-family residential lots on time and within budget. The Land Development Manager will serve as the lead contact for all development consultants and contractors while supporting the Senior Vice President of Development with all builder relations. The core responsibilities will include initial due diligence of acquisitions, managing the entitlement and design of residential subdivisions, setting expectations with and managing construction contractors, and satisfying all builder substantial completion requirements to ensure that lots are delivered and closed per the contract requirements. In addition to lot development responsibilities, the Land Development Manager will be responsible for efficiently utilizing and managing any assigned Land Development Associates to assist in their projects while teaching and developing them for advancement within the division. This position will formally report to the Senior Vice President of Land Development.
- Conduct Due Diligence and present recommendations based on financial, economic, demographic, and market research for prospective development opportunities.
- Financial forecast and modeling. Requires advanced excel skill set to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Review and redline all land purchase contracts, builder contracts, and municipal creation, annexation, and agreement documents.
- Prepare and manage all project pro formas, budgets, cash flows, and track reimbursables.
- Participate in quarterly presentations to the executive team regarding development and financial status of projects, as well as future cash flow projections.
- Serve as the lead contact for all consultants and contractors during the entitlement, design, construction, and delivery of single-family lots and community development.
- Perform on-site meetings with consultants and contractors to ensure development progress stays on schedule and within budget, identify potential issues, and coordinate and implement solutions.
- Coordinate the design and construction of all recreation facilities and other community amenities.
- Manage and serve on multiple HOAs, tracking the financial health of each association, and maintaining positive developer relations between the developer and residents.
- Manage Land Development Associates in an efficient manner while mentoring and preparing them for advancement within the division with full development responsibilities.
- Minimum undergraduate or graduate degree in real estate, finance, business or similar degree required.
- Minimum of five to eight years of residential lot development experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Advanced knowledge of MUD districts, reimbursement structure, and operational process.
- Experience with attorneys, land planners, engineers, architects, and contractors in the entitlement, design, and construction of residential subdivisions.
- A strong work ethic and commitment to excellence. Must take initiative, be resourceful, prioritize and perform within a team environment while maintaining focus and multitasking in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of residential lot development with a high level of intellectual curiosity.